Improving long-term neurological outcomes of sick infants and children and developing biomarkers to stratify and optimise treatment in neuropsychiatric disease – including:
- Can we fully understand how brain development differs in autistic spectrum and attention deficit disorders using combined genomic and imaging data?
- Can we improve outcomes by developing new approaches/targets for intervention with neuromodulation in epilepsy, cerebral palsy and other neuro‐cognitive disorders?
- Can we get a complete picture of physiological events surrounding neurotransmission by simultaneous PET‐MR-EEG?
- Can we create robust prognostic markers of disease development and predictors of response to existing and novel therapies in psychiatric conditions including schizophrenia and depression?
- Can we map the underlying symptoms of neurological and psychiatric disorders to determine aberrant circuitry in cognition, emotion and behaviour and contribute to the global effort to create patient connectomes?